Tuesday 4 January 2011

I'm back.....



.....have you missed me, sweetie~pies?? LOL ~ I'm pretty sure you've all been waaay too busy to have been wondering why I've been awol! Do you like Miss No-Nonsense, by the way?? I spotted her on The Graphics Fairy site and it immediately struck me that she looked just how I've been feeling lately! And since I have absolutely no photos whatsoever to show you of Christmas and New Year ~ nope, nary a one, I'm afraid ~ I decided to plonk her at the top of this post instead. Hope she didn't scare you too much ;-)

So did you all have an absolutely fab Christmas and New Year, my loves? I do hope so :-)

To be honest, I found it all a bit hard-going this year for some reason; I just couldn't seem to get into the Christmas spirit *sigh* As you already know, I left making my puddings right to the last minute.....and I did the very same with wrapping gifts, tidying away all my 'stuff' so that we could actually sit at the dining table and setting out a few Christmas decorations! I'm sorry to say that the spirit of the season was noticeably absent in my heart this year. I can't pin it down to any one thing, either. I've not been feeling 100% though, and that combined with the fact that I'm going through a not-sleeping-at-all-well phase again at the moment probably didn't help! Oh well, that's just the way it was this year and there's really no sense in brooding about it ;-)

Despite 2010 ending on a rather deflated note, my loves, I really do feel that 2011 is going to be a year of progress and change! I'm not sure exactly what is making me feel that this is so; perhaps it's because I will be turning 50 in June and almost certainly, I am now more than halfway through my life. Oh don't get me wrong, I don't mean that to sound morbid or depressing, sweetie~pies ~ it is merely a statement of fact :-) To be frank, what I really want is for the second half of my life to be filled with less depression and pessimism, and more happiness, optimism and life-satisfaction than the first half!

So let's raise a glass of good cheer to 2011 ~ may we all enjoy an absolutely fab year!

No comments: