Saturday 15 February 2014

Dolls' houses and Groatie Bay...

Groatie Bay circa 1905
image from the collection of Mr Christoper Long,
resident of Groatie Bay
You may be aware that one of my hobbies is 1/12th scale dolls' houses and miniatures.  I find them fascinating...and gorgeous...and absolutely wonderful ~ and can easily spend way too many happy hours surfing the internet, reading books and magazines, drooling over the most fantastic dolls' houses and creations.

Now, I have a little confession to make...namely, that I have two half-built dolls' house kits in the dining room waiting to be finished, and more still in their boxes, waiting to be built!  Sadly the lack of love I've been feeling for my real-life home has overspilled into my once-truly-loved dolls' house collection, and building has ground to a halt.  I've decided that now is a jolly good time to get things moving again in the little village I have created in my mind's eye ~ not least because all the dolls' house folk are starting to fret about their lack of living accommodation ;-)

My little folk (who are known as Peediekins) live in a small seaside village called Groatie Bay; if you click on the link it will take you to the page here on the blog which tells you more about them.  I have lots of little back-stories for my Peediekin friends and I am really looking forward to sharing them with you over the coming months.  I will also share the ups and downs of building and kit-bashing my dolls' houses.  I am rather afraid, though, that there will most likely be more downs than ups ~ I just hope that I can enlist the help of some good builders in Groatie Bay!


No comments: