Thursday 29 May 2014

Diary of a Dieter Week 20


start date: 22nd January 2014
start weight: 22st 13.5lbs (321 pounds)
current weight: 22st 4lbs (313 pounds)
total loss to date: 9.5lbs


Gosh, it's seven whole weeks since I lasted posted an update in my dieting diary!

To be honest, I have been hovering on the brink of giving up on the whole dieting thing; my weight has been going up and down these past few weeks and I just haven't been able to get my head in the right place to really get on with it.  But, I really like going to the group and I like the other folk who go there too.  Everyone is so friendly, and Amanda (the group leader) is such a lovely person, and really committed to helping all her members succeed in their quest to become slimmer.

And if I give up yet again, what will become of my health?  I need to do this, for the sake of both my physical and mental health ~ and also for the peace of mind of my husband and children.  I know they all worry terribly about my size and the toll it takes on my well-being.

I look at my loss of "only" 9.5 pounds, which doesn't seem much at all when one considers that I started at the group back on the 22nd January.  But nevertheless it is still a loss ~ and I need to keep reminding myself that before I joined the group, I had topped the scales at around 23 1/2 stone (329 pounds) last year.  

So, once again it's time for me to pull up my big-girl-panties and do this!    

No comments: