Monday 3 November 2014

Diary of a Dieter...

by Roy Williams


I thought I would bring you up-to-date with how things are progressing on the 'ole weight-loss front :-)  I'm very pleased to say that since my last post on the subject, I've reduced from 22st 9 3/4lbs down to 22st 4 1/2lbs on the scales this morning.  Not bad, eh?  I shall just continue as I am, not following a plan as such but being sensible about what I eat nevertheless.

Unfortunately, in health-related news, things aren't quite so rosy as I've got a horrible flare-up of sciatica again *sigh*  I have been having acupuncture treatments closer together, along with taking anti-inflammatories prescribed by my GP, to try to nip it in the bud.  Thankfully my back isn't as painful as it was but the pins and needles (and a certain amount of pain, too) in my lower leg and big toe still continues.  I was surprised to discover that it isn't at all unusual for the pain/pins and needles to "skip" a section of leg ~ my thigh is pretty much okay!

I suppose it's rather like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, but I am doing the exercises again I was given by the physio when I had my prolapsed disc a few years back.  The exercises are definitely much less painful to do the longer I've been doing them, so I think that must show that they are doing some good LOL  I must try to keep up with them this time, though.

I have also finally decided to take the plunge and am having a one-to-one session with a Yogalates teacher this week.  I will let you know how it goes!  

No comments: