Tuesday 16 June 2015

Nearly there!

image by H. Armstrong Roberts


This, my dears, is how I feel today ~ absolutely pooped!  I spent all day yesterday tidying our living room ~ a job that I have been putting off for far too long.  I confess that I was just too ashamed to take any "before" photos but once I have finished the tidying/sorting/rearranging/cleaning process, I promise I will take some :-)  The room is in dire need of redecoration, so you will have to excuse the tired and shabby decor, but I know that I will be feeling so much happier once I have got the room clean and tidy that it truly won't bother me quite so much.

I may feel brave enough to take some photos of our dining room before I start the herculean task of clearing it ;-)  It looks rather like the "before" stage in one of those hoarder programmes, but in my defence most of the stuff in there is from my shed that I am slowly but surely sorting through.  I am trying to be sensible and rein-in my over-enthusiasm for the next new craft that catches my eye ~ and stretches my purse!  To be honest I really haven't settled down and got stuck into any of the crazes I have fallen for, and at last I have realised that there are only so many hours in the day for hobbies anyway.  So I am making a concerted effort to just concentrate on those hobbies that I actually do and really take pleasure in!

I have let the house slide terribly.  It is well over a year since I wrote a post about rekindling the love for our home, and in truth I am no further forward than I was back in February of last year.  I have been struggling with bouts of depression and back pain for quite some time.  Still, I am starting to feel much better again so I rather think I'd best make hay while the sun shines!

No comments: