Saturday 22 August 2015

Spreading the blue and white love...

Now, before you look at these photos, promise that you won't judge me by how badly my home needs decorating! I promised to show you the living room in this post and I have finally got round to taking some photos ~ better late than never, eh ;-)    


I have quite a collection of blue and white china and it's getting to the point where I am running out of space in the cabinet I display it in.  The cabinet is in the dining room, so I thought it would be nice to put some of the pieces in other rooms too.  As I mentioned in the previous post, I asked the lady who cleaned the living room for me to put all my ornaments in a box as she moved them for cleaning.  Very few have actually made it back into the room ~ instead, I have replaced them with some of my blue and white china.

The shelf you can see reflected in the mirror used to be on the wall above the two seascape paintings.  When I have finished sorting/downsizing all the craft stuff currently in residence in the dining room, I will be able to get to the cabinet where most of my china is displayed.  I know that it really needs to be rearranged and some of the pieces can come out to be displayed on the little white shelf unit.


This is just one of three book shelves in our living room!  The lower two shelves house my collection of cookery books, plus there are a few more on the fourth shelf too.  The pretty begonia was a gift from my friend Christine; she brought it when she and her hubby came for lunch a couple of Sundays ago :-)


And to round off this post, here's my lovely boy doing what he does best ~ snoozing! 

No comments: