Thursday 15 October 2015

Spice of Life CAL Part Three

Cherry Heart Spice of Life Crochet Along
I'm running somewhat behind the pattern releases for the CAL but I've got Part Three done on all three blankets now!

The photo below is blanket number one, which I was originally making for myself but have now decided will be a gift for my mother-in-law, either for this coming Christmas or Mother's Day next year :-)  Making this first blanket has been a wee bit of a learning experience ~ as you can see, it has something of a "waist" but I'm hoping it will straighten out once it's finished and blocked.  I am now crocheting the "pattern" sections using a slightly larger hook, which seems to have helped considerably.


Blanket number two is somewhat less "waisted" ~ I changed to a larger hook on the patterned sections earlier than I did on blanket one.  This, too, is going to be a Christmas gift :-)


And finally, blanket number three.  I have been using the larger hook for the patterns all the way through making this blanket and as you can see, it looks much neater than one and two.  Again, this is to be a gift.


I suppose if I were a perfectionist I would have frogged blankets one and two, but I just didn't have the heart to do so!  Fingers crossed that once the edging is done and they are both blocked, they will look okay!  I really do like this design and have it in mind to make a couple more blanket gifts using it.  I already have the yarn for those so there will be no financial outlay LOL    

I have already started on yet another blanket, although not using this pattern.  It is a second one for MIL, this time a bed-sized blanket.  I am using Tif's (aka Dottie Angel) pattern for her ordinarily extraordinary blanket, and I am using up yarn from my stash to make it a multi-coloured patchwork.  I am still working down the first column at the moment, but when I have started on the next one I will take a photo to share with you :-)

All-in-all, methinks I have plenty on the go to keep me out of mischief for a while ;-) 

No comments: