Saturday 13 February 2016

A Make-a-Month 2016: January


My January Make-a-Month offering is a wee bit of a cheat, I guess, in that it's the blanket I was making for mother-in-law ~ finally finished!  I wasn't feeling well enough to make anything else last month but I was very pleased to get the blanket done.  I haven't seen it on her bed yet but apparently she really likes it :-)

I used one of my favourite patterns, the ordinarily extraordinary blanket created by Tif (aka Dottie Angel), and yarn from my leftovers stash ~ which doesn't seem to have decreased all that much even after making this blanket!  It's such a simple pattern and grows in a very satisfactory manner.

On reflection, perhaps it isn't "cheating" to finish projects as well as making something from scratch.  After all, it's all part of the creative process, making and finishing ~ and it's good to get some of those infamous WIPs done :-)

No comments: