Wednesday 2 May 2012

Holiday to Orkney: Part Three


The third and final instalment of my Orkney photos, my loves!


I believe this is the Town Hall in Kirkwall.  Another wonderful facade for a dolls' house! 

St Magnus Cathedral, Kirkwall.  The Cathedral was founded in 1137 and is in wonderful condition. 





I truly believe that St Magnus Cathedral is one of the most wonderful buildings I have ever visited.  It exudes a feeling of warmth and tranquility, and is beautifully kept.
 

Ruins of The Bishop's Palace, Kirkwall.




Ruins of The Earl's Palace, Kirkwall.


Magnificent War Memorial beside the Cathedral.


Fabulous Cathedral door.



I'm afraid that this close-up of the amazing ironwork on the Cathedral door is not the right way up! 


Beverly, Niamh and your's truly on the steps of the Cathedral.


And to finish off the holiday photos, a picture of Niamh posing quite beautifully in her cheerful pink raincoat and snazzy boots! 


No comments: