Monday 13 July 2015

Catching up...

Two Women Sitting on Chair, Chatting and Gossiping
By: H. Armstrong Roberts

What a grey, wet day it is here today!  Still, at least it isn't as warm as it has been, which is something to be thankful for as I don't function at all well in hot, humid weather.  I've really been suffering with hayfever this year too, much worse than in recent years, which doesn't help either.  I keep hoping that I'm going to "grow out" of it but as I've now reached the grand old age of 54, it doesn't seem as if that's going to happen anytime soon!  So I'm afraid that humid nights + hot flushes + hayfever = a distinct lack of sleep and a rather grumpy me *sigh*

In other, more cheerful news, Nikki had her stitches removed last week at Berry House (our own vets).  Whilst the wound has healed very nicely, Nikki is prone to licking it still so she is continuing to sport one of my socks.  The sock is so big around her skinny little leg, though, that even though I tape it with micropore tape it still falls down.  I've ordered a couple of pairs of little girl's knee-length socks in the hope that they will fit more snugly!

I was lucky enough to be one of the first 15 to respond to a Facebook post for a new Thomas Cleaning franchise which has recently opened locally, which meant that I won two hours free cleaning.  I was really pleased as I never usually win anything!  Mandy (the cleaning lady) came round last Wednesday and concentrated on the living room.  When I tell you that it took the poor woman virtually the whole two hours to give the room a thorough clean, you will understand just how badly I have let the house go :-(  Still, it was lovely to have the room cleaned and I will now be able to keep on top of it.

As Mandy was cleaning my ornaments, I got her to put them into a big cardboard box for me as I am going to go through everything and decide just what I really want to keep and what can be let go.  I seem to have "outgrown" some of my knick-knacks, simply keeping them because they were there.  Adrian moved a display shelf to the other side of the living room for me yesterday, and also put up a pretty shabby chic-style metal three-tiered wall basket that I have had for some time, so I now have somewhere nice to display the things I decide to keep.  When I've finished I will take some photos to show you ~ but you will have to excuse the fact that the whole house really does need to be redecorated!

No comments: