Monday 18 January 2010

Lavender and Pearls...



...as in my online store! I've had this little dream of setting up a very small online store, to sell things handmade by myself, for a number of years but have never actually gotten round to turning the dream into anything even remotely resembling reality! This year, though, I've finally given myself a severe talking-to and so here I am with lots of ideas milling about in my head, ready to finally get on with making some stock :-) I will, naturally, share the results as they come to fruition!

So one of my first steps was to have these simple sew-in labels made, ready to add to my little creations. I really do love the colour combination of chocolate brown with pink!



This knitted hat was a "first" for me and I am very happy with how it has turned out. It is being modelled here by the lovely Jolly Molly ~ she doesn't feel so self-conscious about her bald head now LOL It didn't take long to knit and I've been thinking that I could perhaps make a few to more to add to my shop stock.



I've had it in mind for a while now to make covered coat-hangers for my shop stock, so over the weekend I set work on it. Once I'd figured out the correct size, the knitted cover was nice and easy to make ~ using some of this scrumptious cotton yarn. The crocheted cover for the hook part was simple trial-and-error, too, and now I've got a pattern to use in the future.

It was also the first time I'd had a go at crochet corkscrews and I'm very pleased with how they've turned out, too.

No comments: