Thursday 15 July 2010

Some (fairly!) recent treasures


Jolly Molly is ready for the sun! She is wearing a straw hat which belonged to my Great Aunt Mary. It's a little bit too small for my head (don't know if it's my big brain or thick hair ROFL) but fits JM nicely. She is ready to face the sunniest of days now :-)

Mum gave me this recently ~ it used to belong to my Aunt Mary. I really like this dish, it is very pretty. It says Wedgewood on the bottom, along with OF Etruria & Barlaston Groups ~ no idea what that all means! My Dad thinks this probably belonged to his Grandmother.

Mum gave me this, too, which also belonged to Aunt Mary. I love this dish, as well; it has Mason's stamped on the base. My Dad thinks this probably belonged to his Grandmother, like the previous dish.

I love books like this! It's in very good condition and full of wonderful pictures.





I just happened upon these Barbie booklets on Ebay ~ they are great fun!

I really like this little display shelf :-) I think I will end up painting it and perhaps add different papers to the backs of the cubby holes.

I may leave this little display shelf in this dark lacquered finish or I may paint over it with something paler ~ I can't quite make up my mind at the moment!

I have a bit of a soft spot for little deer ornaments and couldn't resist this one. He may not be the prettiest deer in my herd but I love him to pieces :-)
A touch of shabby chic! I was going to put this sweet little metal heart in the garden but decided to hang it from one of the shelf brackets in the living room instead.
I was looking at something else on Ebay and this pretty figurine was amongst the seller's listed items. To tell the truth, I can't even remember what brought me to the seller's list in the first place LOL Anyhoo, I was captivated by this little lady and the rest ~ as they say ~ is history!

As Amber settles herself down for a little post-lunchtime snooze, it seems that in her mind any time is nap time LOL

No comments: