Friday 3 December 2010

The project-I-couldn't-show-you.....



.....can now be shown! I crocheted this blanket for my daughter, Beverly, using Tif's (aka dottie angel) 'ordinarily extraordinary' pattern.

My baby girl misses her 'ole Mum at times, especially now that she is living up in Orkney, so I decided it would be a jolly good idea to make a little something for her that would remind her of me :-) I wanted it to be something Beverly would be able to hold and know that it was made by me especially for her. Every stitch I crocheted to create this little blankie was made with love and hopefully, when she wraps herself in it, she will be able to feel all of that love I have for her.

I also needed to find a way of reminding Beverly that I never am and never will be 'not with her' ~ I am part of her, just as she is part of me, and my love for my sweet daughter will last for ever.....

No comments: