Monday 28 March 2011

A wonderful treat...





Last Friday, my loves, Adrian treated me to the most wonderful of treats: my very first facial ~ coupled with an arm and shoulder massage! Oooooh, it was absolutely heavenly ~ and I shall definitely be going back for more ;-)


It was also nice because I know the owner of the salon, as her daughter was at junior school with my gruesome-twosome :-) Debbie had a good 'ole look at my face under a very bright light which was a tad disconcerting ~ but she reckoned that my skin is in good condition with little or no wrinkles, which made me feel pretty good as you can imagine LOL


To be honest, sweetie~pies, I was a little apprehensive about the arm aspect of the massage as I do have a few "issues" with the joints on the right from my shoulder all the way down to my thumb and forefinger *sigh* But I have to say that the massage felt so soothing ~ and almost the best part came at the end when Debbie sort of pulled my arm, believe it or not! It felt like all the joints were stretched out instead of being bunched up ~ I'm probably not explaining this very well, my loves, so I do hope you get the gist!


I also had my eyebrows waxed ~ another "first" LOL It wasn't quite as bad as I was anticipating, thankfully, but I don't think I shall be having my legs ~or anywhere else ~ waxed anytime soon ;-) I will be going back regularly to have my eyebrows done, though, as they look so nice now and the pain is only fleeting!


There was another nice moment for me yesterday when I stepped on the scales for my weekly weigh-in. Sweetie~pies, I have shed 3 1/2 pounds this week and I am absolutely thrilled ~ as I'm sure you can well imagine :-) It's really sobering to think that just by cutting out so much junk from my diet I can shed this amount of weight. Oh yes, my loves, I do realise that a fair bit of that is most likely water but you do have to ask yourself why your body would be holding on to that amount of fluid in the first place. After all, I have been very conscious about drinking plenty of water and, of course, the increase in fruit and veggies must be contributing to the hydration of my body too :-)


As well as the fruit and vegetables I have been eating lean meat and fish, and a relatively small (in comparison to before!) amount of dairy products. Other than the junk-type food, the only other things I haven't been eating have been bread and butter/spread. I have the most terrible weakness for bread so decided that it might be best all round if I cut it out for a while at least! Instead of bread, I have been eating oatcakes, which I like very much and can quite easily eat without feeling the need to spread on any fat :-) If I am honest, my loves, so far I'm not even missing my bread "fix"!


Let's see what the coming week brings.....

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Well, good for you! It's a great start! It won't be long and you will be looking like a starlet!

I would like to try a massage, it sounds so nice. I've never had any of that done. My face looks like a map now, so many lines and wrinkles, but I think I would like a facial too.