Wednesday 7 April 2010

Isn't Nature wonderful??



These little plants trying to burst out of their pot are Mexican Hat plants ~ Kalanchoe Daigremontiana ~ and I have a second pot just as full as this one! I got them back in October when they were teeny-tiny plantlets and just about all twenty have survived! Now I need to get them re-potted and then try to find new homes for some of 'em LOL



I got these Chandelier plants (Kalanchoe Tubiflora) at the same time as the Mexican Hats and I'm thrilled that all five of these have survived, too. It's interesting, don't you think, to see the different sizes they have all reached, considering that they all started off as tiny little plantlets at the same time. I'm sure I will be able to find space for all of these around the house :-)



I can't for the life of me remember right now what this succulent is called but I'm sure the name will come to me eventually! It obviously had a rough journey getting here and when it arrived, quite a few of the leaves had been knocked off en route. I decided to just leave them where they lay on the soil and many of them have taken root, so I now have more of these plants!



Adrian bought me a bunch of tulips at the weekend, which I put in a jug on the landing windowsill with the daffodils I got with the supermarket shopping last week. We don't often take time to really look at our plants and flowers, do we? It's amazing how nature creates an infinite variety of colours, shapes, etc. This tulip is just so beautiful!


Whilst I was photographing the tulip in the photo above, it struck me how the yellow of the daffodils is such a rich and gorgeous colour. So cheerful and heart-warming on a dull, grey day like today...

No comments: